Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dialectical Journalling

“I was over joyed to have a place of my own and this reassured me.” (247.6)

1.       When I spent a month in Mexico and finally came back home to my room it felt like home.
2.       “I spent a good part of the night in the emptiness, just happy to be there.” (247.7) she missed her room so much that she laid there and thought.
3.       The significance of her room is her having her own space and being by herself where she won’t be disturbed.
4.       This symbolizes peace because she is in her home.
5.       This connects to the theme because she returns home where she grew up and there will always be a home.



Question: Why does Marji go out for a walk and then gets scared?

She thinks about all the dead victims from the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment